Friday, June 06, 2008

To Pimp my Ride or Not


Its the daily driver if I'm not on two-wheels these days. The kiddos are getting bigger and more of them have brought about the shift in vehicles. Now the older of the rides is in need of some tender love and care or an extreme make over. What should I do for the 2001 Hyundai Elantra?

I don't think putting larger tires and a lift kit is the way to go on this one. I'm not looking to make a Hot Wheels Funny car now, so I'll just have to remain low to the ground. But if I plan to keep this car going I think I should look at some repairs and clean her up some. The nice thing is she runs pretty good for a car of her age and she's paid for too.

So it might be time to take a look at those windows and tint them perhaps. On the outside a paint job could at least make her look a tad better. I can't think of a car that I've owned having paint issues like this one. So I need to paint or buy that magic rub, you know the stuff that takes those old cars and creates new paint on them... you know the commercials I'm talking about.

Other than that I just need to adjust my hours and get out on the bike more. I can say this, I like filling up the tank on the bike for $15 as opposed to getting nothing for that in a car. Well I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, perhaps just an elbow or a foot. She's got her quirks like the last ride, but at least the AC is working for now. Oh I hope I didn't jinx something now.

No comments: