Tuesday, June 10, 2008

He's going to the show now

Wow, he wrapped up the democratic nomination and I couldn't be happier really. Checking things out in Texas and taking part in the Democratic Caucus was a real learning experience to say the least.

So as an Obamacan, I'm happy to see he managed to get the nod from his Party. For me a vote for him was also a No Vote for Hillary. It's not that I don't feel a woman can do the job, not at all the case. I'm just not willing to back Hillary for the job.

In the end it really doesn't matter so much who gets the job. I mean they all claim they'll do something and in some cases they do and in most cases they don't. What I mean is promises are made and broken always.

I've actually voted in the past elections for the independents for the most part and that really doesn't do much. I for one wish they'd change stuff and make every vote count and do away with the electoral college all together. Sorry if your state doesn't have that many people, but the fact is you still get a vote.

It will be interesting to watch over the next few weeks and see what Obama does next. Who will he pick and what stands will he take now. He got my early nod, but he has to still earn my vote in November now. That goes for you as well McCain, that's right its not election time yet and I'm watching you too.

Obama is favored and I like a lot of what I see so far. But in the end it will be interesting to see who wins and who sticks to his words. One of the coolest things is he's not that much older than me and that is something I'm not use to seeing at all. Someone close to my age could be in charge of things! Could be cool or scary!

No comments: