Thursday, June 19, 2008

This is why we do it!

Day four of setup is in the books. The horses move in tomorrow and the show kicks off on Saturday. Tomorrow is the fifth day of setup and check in.

We still have a few odds and ins to take care of, but for the most part setup is really over and its time to put on a show now. Take a look at the photo on the left. This was clearly one of my favorite shots of last years show and the reason we do this.

OK, its our job, but we all pretty much enjoy seeing some great horses compete year after year. Reining as shown on the left is a favorite class of mine to watch and photograph. Speed events are favorites too.

Tomorrow I'll spend my time looking into the video stream settings and preparing to go live on Saturday evening. I have some web edits as well oh and I'm offering my services as a warm up announcer on a few days. Means I'll be arriving early to the show and calling out the various gaits.

Well that's all for now and from the setup stand point. Today was a good day, my video edits went well and the problem PC corrected itself more or less. I got to head home early for a change and even worked in a haircut. Should feel cooler during the show now. Hope you all have enjoyed the behind the scenes of show setup now. Please check back for more on the show now.

No comments: