Saturday, June 14, 2008

Support only a click away

It's the last weekend before the big APHA World Championship Paint Horse Show and I spent part of my time running around helping my father and my In-laws with PC troubles.

I should have looked at installing Log Me In down at the In-laws, but I might hold off until they get a new PC. Now on my Dad's I managed to get it working once again and he can turn it on and off when he has an issue.

The nice thing about a program like Log Me In is that one they have a free version and I can pretty much help him when I get a chance and from home. With a simple few clicks and secure login, I have a connection from point to point and can see his screen and make changes like I was right there.

It comes in handy when a fire breaks out and something needs to be looked at and quick. With the show around the corner, I'm not going to have the time to drive over and look at something. With Log Me In working again, he can grant access and I can make a quick fix and get back to what ever I was doing.

Mind you I'm talking simple things and some stuff might need a first hand look, but at least with access I might be able to poke around and see something an trouble shoot from my end and then prepare to come on site and take care of things in person.

No comments: