Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Perfect Ride

It was an event for father's & daughters that I had in mind for over a year now. The YMCA Father Daughter Program (YMCA Indian Princesses) provides Dads & Daughters with various activities and Horseback riding just happens to be one of those events they suggest. So I had this idea to get all of our tribe together for a riding session and that day finally arrived today.

I had contacted Golden Gait to set up this event and we had a total of 12 riders (5 adults and 7 girls). For me it was perfect, this was the best money I could have spent on an activity for my daughter and I. To see her and even a friend of hers riding around solo like that was priceless. To top it all off, I was able to get on a horse and ride too, something I had not done in so many years.


From left to right is Katie who rode on Silver and had never been on a horse before. I rode on Pie and she was great horse to put up with me. Freya had Rosie and they made a perfect pair if you asked me. I think I could have used a slightly bigger horse and be a little smaller myself, but thats a whole other topic in itself.

It's an amazing thing to be on a horse and something I would recommend everyone try at some point. I hope this is the start of many more riding sessions for Freya and I, even the whole family at some point. If I could even swing it, I'd love to own some horses myself some day. Until that day comes, I'll jump at a chance to get back in the saddle again.

No comments: