Sunday, June 22, 2008

Its showtime all day long

Good morning and what a difference a little sleep can make for someone. I'm feeling really great right about now. Well day two of the warm up announcing is now in the books and I received a number of compliments from various Judges and Ring Stewards that our working our show. Felt really good to hear all of that for sure.


I've always been OK with a microphone and I do OK winging things... pretty much taking my directions from downstairs and calling out the gaits is easy. But something strange happened and I heard, STOP! come over the radio. So I said STOP!, then some people standing in as Judges said, Whoa! and I thought something might have happened and repeated the same. Of course the directions given were all wrong and I had to get them all started again. Walk your horses please, I know that one by heart.

It's hard to see what is going on right below the announcers booth and I pretty much followed the directions fed to me, I don't think STOP was suppose to go over the radio and hopefully that will be the last mistake in this regards I make (knock on wood).

Speed, baby! Its the events I love and I'm talking about Barrel Racing, Stakes Races, and Pole Bending classes. Some of the fastest riders on Paint Horses will compete today tomorrow. By the looks of the photo I snagged last night, it sure looks like they are having a blast if you ask me. Check out the APHA World Show web site and click on the Live Feed links to see some of the action.

Well this is an early post for today and this will be one of the longest days of the whole show. I'm expected to stay until about 1am and decided to post early. I want to try and post daily from the show and on events at the show this year. I hope you all enjoy my coverage and hang in there with me now. I'll see you all tomorrow, which very well could be the end of today's events.

No comments: