Saturday, May 03, 2008

Back in the Saddle again

Today was a good day to ride! That's right, ride and so I did. I took the bike out, something I hadn't done in awhile actually and put a nice 50 miles or so on her. Actually rode with a coworker and a friend to help raise some money for St. Jude research too.

This was the 2nd year to do this and we decided to change things up a bit and make a little more of a ride and not head straight on the highways to the meet up. It was suggested that we should ride around Lake Worth. Sounded like a really cool idea and I'm glad we went with it.

The ride was great, nice cruise around the lake, perfect weather, and nothing to really worry about at all. The highlight around the lake for me was seeing the Castle. That's right a Castle in Texas sits on the Southern part of Lake Worth. The Castle of Heron Bay as its called now, sits quietly overlooking the lake.

It's in sad shape these days, but its still interesting to see and I decided to look up more information on the web. Lots of history in this structure to say the least. I'd like to go back and actually stop and look at it some more.

In the end it was a great day to ride and for a good cause. Hopefully next year we can increase the number of riders and earn a lot more money for St. Jude. Between now and then though, I hope to ride a whole lot more.

No comments: