Wednesday, May 14, 2008

May Movies are here



What a month for movies. It's been a long time for me to have a line of movies that I want to see like this and for them all to hit in the same month. Wow! Finding the money and time to go see these on the big screen will be a challenge for sure.

Last week we had the launch of Speed Racer and as I mentioned in an earlier blog, I'm a huge Speed Racer fan and from all the clips and behind the sceen features for this title, I'm sold already on seeing this film and think I'll be pleased with how its presented.

Back to Narnia with Prince Caspian this week. I've loved these stories and they have done a good job with presenting the first movie and hopefully they will continue on the same level with the rest of the Narnia series. I think it helps that most of these stories are short and they don't have to really cut a lot of things out.

Indy is back again and lands in May next week. Harrison Ford is back to thrill Indiana Jones fans with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and this is a must see on the big screen as well. These adventure films have been a lot of fun and I've enjoyed them all, nothing beats the first one in my book so far, but this one might surprise me and put up a good fight.
Sex In The City on the big screen. It's been a little over 7 years for Edith and I and our first exposure to Sex In The City. We've power watched through season after season on DVDs and loved every episode pretty much. It will be nice to see how they present a movie and what story unfolds. Sex In The City hits the very end of May and rounds out a very full month of movies.

4 comments:

Bob Newhouse said...

Have you seen Iron Man? I've been surprised by how well it's doing and how good the reviews have been. I haven't heard a bad thing about it. It kicked the tar out of Speed Racer last weekend.

robowerks said...

No, heard its good, but its low on my list to see.

Anonymous said...

The Wachowski bros certainly put a lot of effort into making Speed Racer... the movie overall looked and felt like a cross between anime, a kaleidoscope, that Flintstones movie, a video game and the Dukes of Hazard

robowerks said...

Cool way of looking at it Patrick. I hope to see it soon, maybe this weekend if I can swing it.