Sunday, May 04, 2008

Just not the same with out you

Well it's been about a week or more with out the Tivo remote. Not a clue as to where it has gone. Lucky thing the new remote for the TV is full of codes and one worked right off the bat.

Now we don't have the fancy Thumbs Up/Down buttons and we don't seem to have access to the guide from the remote, at least I'm not finding that out so far. We can push on the box itself and get there though.

But what we've really missed is the Rewind and Fast Forward functions. It's been a pain to watch a recorded show and sit through the commercials. Not any more... control has been restored, a little off from before, but still closer to normal than with out.

At some point I'd love to get a super remote that does it all, one click and turn stereo on to what I want, set the Satellite to what I need, pop some pop corn and bring me a beer. Ok, the last two I'll do for myself the old fashion way. But a guy can dream still, right?

Before I get the one remote to rule them all and in entertainment bind them. I need to see about moving the Dish on up to HD standards and ditch the over air access or at least some of that. I'm thinking around the summer time might be a good time to do that. But until then, we need to hold on to this remote and not let it out of our site.

1 comment:

n8 said...

"Losing the remote control is tantamount to losing an arm"
~n8 2008