Friday, May 23, 2008

Solid line = WALL!

Keeping saying this over and over to yourself now. Solid line = WALL! This has bugged me for the longest time and I've thought about writing on this for sometime too. Yesterdays "fender bender" has ticked me off enough to finally let loose here today.

If you've read earlier in my blog, we just got a new car and it was officially a week old yesterday. So I needed to get the plates and a part and took it with me to work in order to do these things for my wife during lunch. In short, someone not following the rules, caused a car next to me to move over into my lane, forcing me to move over as well. Only problem is I ran out of room and didn't want to hit the on coming parked traffic. Lets just say that two cars can't take up the same amount of space for very long.

Yes the guy not following the rules pretty much caused the wreck and as you might guess, his vehicle is perfectly fine. The freaked out lady only reacted like a majority of people would have done and well we rubbed paint with our nice new car.

See the picture above, its not the same set up, but all I'm caring about is the solid lines. DON'T cross them. STOP IT, NOW! Both of the vehicles in the above picture are examples of cars I see on a daily basis and they cross over the lines. Any lane could have bumper to bumper traffic and I see people cross those lines to merge. Your not suppose to do that. STOP IT!

Yesterday the guy turning right off the Hwy was suppose to enter his own lane of travel marked by solid lines. Nope he didn't do that and moved right in towards the car next to us as we began to cross the intersection. What do you think you would do if you saw a truck about to T-Bone you?

The officer yesterday had this to say, "17 years on the force, this is the 2nd time someone has actually stopped that was the cause of a wreck and didn't actually hit one of the cars." Not only did the guy do that, he actually called the Police, only thing is he thought he hadn't done anything wrong.

It all could have been so much worse and to look at it, you might not even tell it was really in a wreck. Still really sucks and now we have to deal with all the crap of getting things fixed to look better and make sure the insurance doesn't try to raise our rates. All because someone crossed a line or failed to stay on the right side of a line. Be safe out there people and think. Oh one more thing, use those blinkers while your at it too.

No comments: