Saturday, May 31, 2008

Putting most of my eggs in one basket

Just got a new PC for the house this past week and man is it nice to have something fast and new to play with again. I use to build all my PCs and its been well over 7 years now. I think I got my use out of the last ones that I've built. I'll have to decide what I'd like to do was those machines later. Plus its hard to beat the price on a pre built or custom built machine these days.

So what's with all of these eggs then. Well its no secret that I'm a fan & MS guy and that I use a lot of their products. Well I'm looking to start using more and more of their products it seems now. I've become a big fan of the Windows Live stuff recently and I think I'll be using the Live Mail product and online their Calendar features for one thing.

I'm looking at learning more with VS2008 and .Net programming, its nice when you score a free version of this too. I'm also looking at the Microsoft Expression Studio line of products. Wild being such a long supporter of Macromedia Dreamweaver.

Microsoft Live OneCare is the next product that has my attention now. I hate Norton that comes with PCs and most of the others I've enjoyed over the years have all raised their prices too. I came across OneCare and the price is about the same, but they allow me to cover at least another two machines for the price.

So I find myself looking at more and more at other MS products now. Well... you win some and you loose some I guess. I'm thinking about dumping MS Office actually and would need to really think about upgrading to a newer version. I'm looking at using OpenOffice more these days, I'm still a big fan of all the free stuff and some of it can be really good if you ask me. OpenOffice does all the things that Office does pretty much.

So thanks for all the good Eggs MS and I'll keep my eyes on more of your products, but I'll also look at a few others from time to time though. You have a majority of the basket and the others are just to keep you on your toes so to speak.

1 comment:

n8 said...

We must bow to the almighty Bill G. All hail king Bill....