Monday, July 02, 2007

That's a wrap on Script Frenzy

Well I made it to the end finally. What a blast this has been and I did have fun, as well as learn a lot about all the hard work that goes into writing a movie script.

I suppose it will have me looking at movies in a whole other light now and that could be a good or bad thing. The main thing was the exercise in being creative and sticking with a goal.

One of the key things I learned about this process was to write daily. In some ways its like feeding your characters and keeping them alive. The hardest thing you can do is let them sit so to speak. So writing 667 words a day for 30 days was an easy goal to keep. I just made sure to set aside my time each day and write.

Can this project be made into a film? Not at this stage at all. Its really rough and was more of a learning step on writing scenes, building characters, and creating a story line from start to end. The whole point was to be creative and just write... let it all come out from the heart so to speak.

Rewrites come next in a project like this. You should have a very rough beginning, middle, and end for the movie and now you can go back and polish and make it flow better. I plan on letting it sit and will open it back up later and see what I think. The strange part now is not writing, after sitting aside time every night to write.

I'm happy I made it to the end and stuck with it and I hope to do this again next year and think I'll be ahead of the game now. So wish me luck on my next project. I have a 50,000 word novel to write in November for the NaNoWriMo Contest.

No comments: