Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Change has arrived

I mentioned it in an earlier post, that I've been trying something different for a change and that my blogs here would be changing back to the non gaming issues. So from here on out, you'll need to look at TXPaldin on Live for those posts and anything gaming related. Just about everything else will show up here. Looks like I'll need to get busy writing more now.

Script Frenzy Finishline
Only a few days left and I'm still on target to complete this contest of sorts. I'm sitting at 17,354 words to my script and 3 days to hit the 20000 mark. Once again, the contest is more of an exercise in completing the task and not so much on quality. In other words its really expected to be very rough and I have not intentions on quiting any of my day or night time jobs. It has been a really cool learning experience and I'm using this as a warm-up for November and the NaNoWriMo contest. I'll attempt to write a 50,000 word Novel in only a month, same idea, write as much as you can and just let the creativity flow.

I've enjoyed the Script Frenzy so far. I was a bit scared at first, trying to come up with a good story for a movie and 2 hours at that. So I decided to jump all in and just go at it and much to my surprise I got into. My only goal is to make it to the finish line, later I can look it over and play around and see where I can improve it. It's amazing all the work that goes into the making of a movie and it all starts with a script. If you ever thought about writing, I'd recommend doing something like this or checking out the NaNoWriMo event in November.

No comments: