Thursday, July 19, 2007

Harry Potter mania hits...

This Weekend kicks off Harry Potter mania, with the release of the final book 7 in the series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, as its released at right at midnight on July 21st to all the true fans.

My wife got me hooked on these stories and as its been with the past books, she'll pick it up right at midnight and crack right into as soon as she makes it home. We'll see her around the house this weekend, but she'll be absorbed by the subject matter and all of the magic that we've grown to love.

I can read the book after her, but I can't bring myself to read it in a day. I'm picking up my copy, on loan from the library and can start sometime on Saturday and if needed, pick up her copy and return mine to the library.

That brings me to a funny situation today. I logged in at the library to see where I stood in the waiting list and couldn't find it on my list of requested books. Panic of a sorts sits in... not sure why, I'm sure I could pick up my wife's copy on Sunday or at least by Monday. Still I need to find out what's going on here and where the title went.

I call the library and give them my ID number. That's when I hear, "Uh, Oh!, please hold on..." Now I don't like the sound of this at all. So he comes back and tells me how they some how deleted all of the listings for this title and are working on restoring the list. They think they'll have it all back by tonight.

I'm not worried, like I said, I could have our copy by Monday, but still the thought and panic. What will they do if they don't get the list restored? I'm sure they'll fix it, I asked him if he could tell me how many copies they should have and he told me they should have a total of 63. Great, if my memory is correct, I'm number 58 on the list and I should pick up a copy Saturday evening before they close. As long as they get the list figured out. Only if they had a time turner, they could fix this problem real quick and slap the silly person, that hit delete of this very important list.

No comments: