Friday, July 06, 2007

Reining & More Raining

Howdy all! If your reading this, you're seeing my number 100th post. I've really enjoyed posting stuff and I know for some of my many fans, the spell of tech dribble was a bit boring I guess. So I'm sorry if that was the case, but for those of you missing that, you can visit my gamer/tech blog to keep up on the latest in that realm. Now on with the show.

World Show comes to a close
Wow, the end is in site. That's right, I'm about to wrap up the whirl wind 15 days of 15 plus hours of streaming, web updates, and taking pictures at the 2007 APHA World Championship Paint Horse Show. This marks my 8th show and the wettest show I've ever had.

So my theme is Reining or Raining for the most part. I would think one of my best Reining shots ever has to be the one your seeing to your left. One of my favorite events at the show, where the exhibitor rides a set pattern that includes sliding stops, a real crowd favorite.

This was the last run for the night in the Junior Reining class and both the rider and horse where on their game for the night and walked away with the win for the 2007 Junior Reining Championship. If you ever make it to a horse show, you have to check out the Reining events.


What a mess to say the least for this years show. The show takes places every year in Fort Worth, Texas and its normally a blistering 100 plus degrees out here. Last year we suffered with no Air Condition for the most part. This year we've thought about building an Ark at times. We have not had a day that it has not rained at the show. Luckily on the 4th of July it was a tiny one hour shower for the most part. The rain makes it a challenge to get show horses and riders from barn to arena and some can't use the tunnel and have to sprint for it at times.


The one thing for certain, is we wrap up the show on Saturday evening with Freestyle reining a real crowd favorite, where they do patterns, only set to music and with costumes. You can check out the live broadcast from the shows web site and get a better idea.

The thing I don't know about is when this rain will stop. It's been great for my yard to say the least. At the start of the year it looked bad and I thought it would be a mess, but with all the rain, its as green as ever. I do miss riding my motorcycle and I'm looking forward to some clear dry days. I'm also looking forward to get back to a normal schedule and seeing the family again. Thanks for reading and sharing in on my 100th post.

2 comments:

Edie said...

THANK GOODNESS! I'm so glad to see a post that I can understand instead of xblah stuff. :) The reining photo is beautiful! I love the movement of the dirt. I like the other photos as well. APHA is lucky to have you and so am I. love you.

robowerks said...

Ahhh, one of my biggest fans. I've got a regular cheering section from my wife and two lovely daughters. Thanks honey.