Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Time to heal

Ok, it has been awhile since I've been here to post and I thought I should update the masses (You total about 5, I would guess) on my life. Most of you following have heard that I picked up the soccer bug and I'm not as young as I thought I was. Actually, I don't think of myself as being old, but me bones don't listen to what I think.

So last Wednesday I pulled a quadricep muscle like you would not believe at soccer practice. I've never done that before in all my years of play. This past Sunday was game time and I felt pretty good and my first real touch of the ball was to clear it down the wall a bit. The shot of pain that went up my leg was intense. Every action does have a reaction and I was feeling this one. Time to change my play and work things with the left foot now.

I made it through the game and we won with a nice 11-1 victory. I went home and iced the quads and rested it. I've been doing my best to rest and each day it feels a little better than the previous. Practiced last night and still sore and tender and I can't really get much power with the right. I can move alright, but just not like I use to. I iced again after practice and plan on resting as much as I can before Sunday's game.

The next week is a bye week and I'm going to see how things go, I might decide to miss the practice and try and let the leg heal up even more. We only have two games left after the bye and I'm not sure when the next season starts, but I'd like to be better by the end and have my strength and power back in the right leg.

No comments: