Friday, August 12, 2005

Taking time off

Not something I do a lot of, but I decided it would be good to take a few days off to spend with family and friends. So yesterday I took my daughter out to Six Flags for some fun. Ok, I did not get away from work totally, we have a Paint Horse show out at the park called Rangers and Outlaws and I had to swing by and see how it was doing. I'll actually see about running back this weekend I think, since I only saw the behind the scenes tour of the show.

My daughter and I really loved the Amazing Acrobats from China and Kathy Burks World Of Puppets show. We had fun riding the little kid rides, well she had fun and I enjoyed watching. It's amazing at how a little smile can mean so much and I find myself watching her reactions to things more than watching the events myself.

Funny thing about the whole watching the shows, she wanted to just ride the rides and I kept telling her she would love to see the shows. I told her we would have to take some breaks from rides and watching the shows would be good way. Granted we rode most of the rides first and did the shows last, I was right in thinking she would love them.

No comments: