Sunday, August 14, 2005

Just for Kicks...

So a buddy at work asks if I'd like to play Indoor Soccer with him. He said they are a little short handed for guys in the sub area on a Co-Ed team. I agree to help out and dust off my shoes to give Indoor Soccer a try again.

Its been over 5 years since I've played Soccer and at that time it had been many years. I came out for one outdoor season and did alright. I even scored a few goals in some games and did alright with assists too. For what ever reason, they did not call me back to play again and I slowly went back into retirement again.

Games over and we lost 6-3 with the last goal or second to the last goal being my fault in letting one slip by. I'm not young as I was and I need to get back into shape again. I'm filling in mainly since someone is hurt and out for the season. I'll have to see if I get asked back, but my goal is to get back into shape and feel better by the last game at least.

I did ok, but I'm beat like crazy right now. Not to bad since its been so long in touching a ball and very long from being on an indoor field. Practice is set for Wednesday and I'll see what I can do to build up stamina between now and then.

No comments: