Friday, August 12, 2005

Is that really Real?

OK, I have to confess, I like reality shows for the most part. I really got into Survivor when it started and found myself liking shows like Amazing Race, American Idol, Big Brother, and the Mole. So the seasons pass and I keep coming back for more.

This year I found myself watching Rock Star INXS every week and enjoying it. I also like it more than American Idol for the music selections alone. I've always wondered why they called it American Idol and the music they sing tends to be more Popish, R&B, Soulful standards; is that what America really loves over everything else? Don't get me wrong they are talented and can sing and I like watching and seeing them grow, its just not they style of music I love.

So I first thought this is not going to work and what are the members of INXS really thinking here? But I've been hooked and these contestants can really sing and perform. The bonus is they are singing Rock songs and its closer to what I enjoy listening too. So if you tire of listening to the American Idol style of music and long for a Rock Show, give it a look and listen.

No comments: