Saturday, January 12, 2008

Fort Worth Stockshow

I finally made it to the Stockshow! That's right I'm 39 and I've never been... at least to the best of my knowledge. I actually work out at Will Rogers Equestrian Center for the APHA World Show ever year and I'm familiar with the grounds, but I've never made it out for the Stockshow until now.

This year I'm helping out with a Judging Contest that APHA puts on during the show. We help with about 3 contest during the duration of the show. That is what I'll be working on tomorrow.

So today I took the family out and I have to say, I'm impressed with the size of the show and how some things are done. For starters they have vendors selling food all over the place and I'm talking some pretty good smelling stuff and its not like the show I'm used to. Wow the food available! It also have a mini State Fair look and feel with all of the rides and games available. We use those areas for parking... not fun and games.

The highlight of the day was taking my girls to ride the ponies. The smiles and giggles was priceless and worth every penny I spent. So if your local and never been to the Fort Worth Stock Show, then you shouldn't wait any longer. The show has just kicked off and there is plenty to see and do.

No comments: