Monday, December 03, 2007

Well I did it!

Well I did it! I wrote a novel... a total of 50,000 plus words to be exact and in 30 days I might add. What to do next... I need to decide on a cover for the book, find and agent, sign with a publisher and make millions in sales and the next two books.


Come on! You didn't think I was serious about all of that, right? Actually now I'm going to take a little break and then I'll crack it open and look at what I've done. It's just a rough draft, but still I'm not going to toss it away. I plan to edit, tweak, rewrite, and even add to it.

I want to finish it out as best as I can and would like to have it all wrapped up by next November and write a sequel to the story. I need to work on the 30 day's of World building exercises, before I start the rewrites too. These will be easier and only take about 20 or 30 minutes out of the day.

The whole thing was a blast and I felt great at what I accomplished. Crazy thing, now that it's over, I feel like I missing something and should be writing more. I do feel that this is the best way, at least for me to approach something like this. You write like mad and just let things flow and and then you can come back and really tweak and fine tune stuff.

Will you anything on the bookshelves, not anytime soon, perhaps a sample at some point. I'd like that, but it will be sometime next year. I'll see what things look like around January, about the time I decide to give it a read and start jotting down some notes. For now, I just want to smile and keep saying, "Dude, you just finished writing your first novel... well at least the first draft."

No comments: