Thursday, December 13, 2007

Social Networking Thang

Everyone is doing it these days... and you can't turn around with out hearing one of the big three it seems. So I've decided to give them all try and see what its all about. My little experiment in social networking on the web or off. Over the next year I'll have my very own Facebook site to keep up with, MySpace page just like everyone and will even use the Twitter site, as best as I can, for someone to know everything I'm doing. So we'll see how well they and I do through out the year with managing and keeping them updated.

Facebook is one that I've started to see more of in the tech circle. It appears to be similar to MySpace, but I'm finding my way around and liking what I've seen so far. In the end, it comes down to friends and contacts. So I have three on that site so far and I'm still learning all the ins and outs of the site. It appears really clean, but I haven't found an easy way to tell someone how to visit my Facebook page.

MySpace, well I've got it now... my wife has told me for the longest time that I should get one and that people will look for me or I can look for people. As of now I have one friend, my wife and I looked for her. How silly this sounds as I write, I looked for my wife on MySpace. She's really not that hard to find, I know where she lives after all. The best thing I can say is the friendly URL is available. But a ton of people must use it, I couldn't even find something close to my name and had to use one of my net user names instead. Take a look at my MySpace page if you like, it will be a slow process as I learn stuff here.

That brings us to Twitter. You know I can't really think that I'm someone that needs to be tracked really. Maybe I got it all wrong, but its a mini blog of sorts and allows you to post tiny messages about things your doing and you can do this from the web or cell phone posts. With twitter you can watch others that Twit or be watched as you Twit. It's tied into my Facebook and MySpace pages already, I've even posted it to the left hand side here. Here's a direct link to my Twitter page.

That's all for now, don't forget to check out my Gaming/Tech blog as well and have fun watching me and all my friends on the Net.

No comments: