Saturday, December 31, 2005

So long 2005 and see ya on the other side

Well a lot has happened during the last few months, weeks, days and even hours of 2005. Time is short an precious to say the least. Sadly over the past few weeks it seems that death has been a recurring theme lately.

Its not that anyone really close to me has passed, but some people I know and or have met have lost those close to them. Recently someone that I met through the motorcycle community lost his life on Christmas day, I met Brett Wade on March 5th at the 2005 Bike Blessing, he was really a great guy and worked at the Cycle Gear in Bedford. He was the one that would help me when I came out to the store. Today they had a memorial ride for him and about 176 bikers showed up to remember him. I only had talked with him a few short times and I've read of other bikers loosing their lives, but Bret was the first person I had met and known some what to have passed away while riding his bike.

Brett was only one of a few like I said and I can only think that it just shows how short life can be and how fast things can change. Last night could have been another example. Around 1:00 am, my wife and I had been awakened by someone ringing the door bell. We had just gone to sleep an hour or so to be awakened by a friend of mine. News at 1:00 am is never good news, well at least for the most part.

As I opened the door he told me that one of my Sister-In-laws girls was in a car accident. He said from what he knows she is ok and has a broke ankle. They had tried calling us, but we did not hear the phones ring and so he came over to wake us up. The youngest girl was still at home and they needed me to go stay with her and let her know all was ok.

The oldest girl had been out at night and was caught up in an act of rode rage. She should not have been out in the first place and was now caought in the attempted act of being assaulted, she was forced into another lane and caused a head on collision with a truck. Luck for all parties, nobody lost their life this night. The man driving along in his truck was suddenly in the middle of a head on collision and it just shows have fast things can change. The people who caused the events of course sped off and seem to have got away with the acts they have caused.

Tonight should be the annual celebration for New Years eve and its an event that normally finds the In-laws and friends over to hang out and have fun. My wife is helping my mother-in-law out for the night and the party never got of the ground. In fact this is the first time in 11 years I will not see my wife at midnight and wish her Happy New Year.

For the most part, things have been great for 2005 and sure some saddness has come recently and I can only look forward to 2006 and the blessings that will come our way. So my last post for 2005 comes to a close and I say so long and see ya on the other side. Please be safe one and all out there and have a Happy New Year to you.

No comments: