Sunday, December 11, 2005

Christmas time...

It will always be known as Christmas time for me and I would say its my favorite time of the year. I don't think I ever thought of it as a celebration of the birth of Christ. Still I've always found it a wonderful time to celebrate, reflect, and give gifts to others.

I grew up watching some of the best shows during this time of year. I would have to say, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and Santa Claus is coming to Town are among my childhood favorites and all time favorites still to this day. Even Freya has taken a liking to the old classic, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.

This is also the time of year that we gather with Edith's side of the family for a weekend get away. We each take a turn in providing a meal and then we spend the day shopping somewhere, and on the last night, we end with the ritual watching of the National Lampoons, Christmas Vacation.

Soon it will be Christmas Eve and that's when we have dinner with Edith's side of the family and in most cases we watch It's a Wonderful Life. No mater what, if we don't see It's a Wonderful Life that night after dinner, then I'll watch it at home before heading off to bed. It use to be a regular showing on all the networks, now that is not the case and for example, NBC showed it last night and we watched some while eating and mainly let it play in the background. It just would not be the same if I did not watch it every Christmas Eve night.

We'll get up early the next morning and Freya will see what Santa Claus has brought her this year. We'll have a little bit of Christmas as well and then rush back to Edith's side for Christmas morning. Its the best time of the year for us and we really look forward to it every year. Merry Christmas to all and have a Happy New Year.

No comments: