Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve traditions

Well its the Christmas Eve traditions that I really love the most. At least for me and the past few years, it always comes down to certain events on this very night.

Time to do some last minute shopping for starters, its really the time I like to shop the most I guess. This year I went out the day before Christmas Eve with the family and was it ever crowded. We had to take care of some stuff, but its not exactly the time I would go normally.

Truth is I normally go to shop for just a few people and try and get some stuff done ahead of time. The thing is mainly men are out shopping at this time. Is it because they wait till the last minute, perhaps, but I really think in most cases its just easier for us to get out at that time.

After the shopping is done its time for the Christmas Eve dinner at the In-laws and something I look forward to every year. Great food and lots of fun being with family on this night. Its also the warm up I would say to the final event for the evening. Tonight is the night I watch It's A Wonderful Life, before heading off to bed and waiting on Santa.

Sure it makes it harder on Santa if I don't get right off to bed, but he's normally tied up with other houses and I don't think I keep him waiting to long. My daughter has already laid out the cookies and egg nog for Santa and even put out some carrots for Rudolph and the Gang.

Well its been a busy day for me and I have a movie to start. Merry Christmas to all and have a Happy New Year.

No comments: