Monday, December 19, 2005

The 20th Annual Big Texas Toy Run

I went on the Big Texas Toy Run for the 2nd year in a row and had a blast. Sure the Cruiser crowd out numbers the Sportbike Riders, but the way I see it, is I'm on two-wheels and helping kids.

This year the crowds moved on two from three locations and all started at 1:00 pm heading towards the Arlington Convention Center. It's really a cool thing to be a part of and great for those pulling over on the sides of the highway to honk and wave as we all move towards Arlington.

Motorcyclists came from Fort Worth & Dallas just like last year and this year they added a route from Grapevine. You can either donate $10 or bring an unwrapped toy to the event. I'm not sure on the total count of bikers, money raised, and toys donated just yet. What I do know is that I plan on continuing to do this run every year. I don't expect to see Sportbikers come close to the number or Cruisers, but I'll continue to ride mine and stand out in the crowd.

No comments: