Sunday, January 08, 2006

New Highs and Lows for 2006

It's time to get back to my routine of a couple years ago. We had a family challenge to see who all could loose the most weight and I pretty much won that challenge. I did not try any crazy diets like eating all of this or all of that. What worked for me was fairly simple to a degree, but it did take discipline to achieve.
My secret to loosing 43 pounds was to eat less and move more. I watched the portion sizes and I got my self active. In eating less, you take in less calories and in moving more, you burn more calories. This formula is what allowed me to start dropping the pounds.

The next year I fell out of the habits, I found myself moving less and eating more and that brings me to this year and the weight is back. So I'm making it a goal to drop the pounds and hopefully stick to the routine for the whole year.

I've also started taking a Tai Chi class and I'm really enjoying that. I've also joined the Discovery National Body Challenge again to help track my progress. I'm even setting a goal to try Rock climbing at the end of the challenge and see how that goes.

No comments: