Monday, December 22, 2008

Where's George when we need him?

I have to say this is my all time favorite Christmas film and one that I have to watch on Christmas Eve. Its a classic and as long as I can remember it would play that night and tomorrow we would free all of the presents from under the Tree.

I think it means more to me this year than any year to watch this film. I can't think of a time in my life that I've seen things as bad as they are. I remember the gas shortage on the news, but I've never seen so many people being laid off or heard of bail outs like we are seeing now.

I have my job for now, but the questions of how long I'll have it remain to be told. I've never planned on leaving it and I might not have a choice. What I can say is I'm thankful to have it and want to keep it. Tough times are ahead for us though and in the end, I know I have the support of family and friends.

Perhaps we all could use a George Bailey in our lives these days. I hope you'll enjoy this little clip and I have a few more to share over the next few days.

No comments: