Sunday, May 13, 2007

Spartan in training

Well for about the past 3 weeks, I've been training at becoming a better Spartan warrior. I've had just around 130 battles online so far and its been a blast. The Halo faithful are clearly experienced at their level of game play and it's been some what of an up hill battle at times for me, but I find myself improving, however slowly it may seem.

This past weekend Bungie released the new maps (with fixes) again and reset the player levels. They use to match you up in Rumble pit games based on your level and for what ever reason have removed that group and only place match ranking in the team games now. I'm not sure how much of the unranked Rumble Pit games I'll take part in now, I really enjoyed the old method and being matched up with a few people along the same level of game play. I also really like the team play more and find it a little easier to go up against 4 and know that I have 3 people on my side so to speak.

I've enjoyed the campaign mode of play and find it a good form of practice at times. I'm looking forward to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Elite and Halo 3 when it comes out. Clearly playing video games has been fun and I've been really impressed with the Halo series, I'm also looking forward to some other games as well, but the Halo series will be my all time favorite.

In a little over 2 days, the public beta for Halo 3 will come out, this is a 360 only title and it will be interesting to see over the next 3 week how many people will take part in the 3 week test. I look forward to hearing reviews and hope to still find a few playing Halo 2 and improving in the meantime.

No comments: