Saturday, May 26, 2007

Halo - The Fall Of Reach

Eric Nylund's novel titled Halo - The Fall Of Reach, sets up the background for the ever popular Xbox game Halo - Combat Evolved. Having never played Halo before I started reading the first book and was hooked. For the most part the story was excellent and captured me from the start and was a really easy read.

Little did I know that as I read the story, I'd fine myself wanting to check out the game and experience what it had to offer. The book explains all about the Spartans and introduces you to the Covenanat. In Nylund's first Halo novel we learn all about Spartan-117, John or Master Chief if you prefer to call him that and how he arrives to the strange world called Halo.

Being the Xbox fan that I am, I found myself wanting to experience more of the Halo world and was lucky to gain access to a special addition Xbox Halo console and try out the Halo game first hand. I'm not finished with the campaign, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the trip so far and have been impressed with how well the original Xbox and game plays. I've also enjoyed playing Halo 2 and look forward to the Xbox 360 Elite and Halo 3 coming out later this year. If your new to the Halo universe, I recommend checking out the books and the original games.

No comments: