Sunday, April 22, 2007

Halo 2 All-Nighter on XBL

Well I picked this past weekends Halo 2 All-Nighter event for my first time on Xbox Live and I have to admit I'm quite impressed with how easy the original Xbox connected online for the first time. I had no problems setting up XBL or getting the Halo 2 updates for online play, getting the expansion maps took a little longer, but before I knew it I was right in the thick of the action.

Things are really fast paced, or at least they appear to be now. It's been almost 6 years since I really played a first person shooter style game and that was on a PC. For a first time outing, having not played Halo 2 online and not really knowing the maps, I did alright and managed to take down a few targets. Yes they took me down more than I took them down, but I'm playing against the Halo 2 faithful, those who fight on a regular nightly basis.

The Console connection
I'm borrowing the Xbox Console that a friend has offered and his Halo Game Collection. It's the special Halo Edition and has three controllers and he threw in a few extra games too. The whole time he has had Xbox he never once took it online for any multiplayer game play. So I was thrilled that he offered it and said I could take her out for the first time. It's hard for me to think that this machine is as old as it is and still performs as well as it does. My eyes are firmly set on getting an Xbox 360, but in the meantime I'm having so much fun playing on a game console again.

So far I've played the past two nights online and it's funny how it calls to you, just sitting in the living room you hear the faint call to pick up a controller and log into XBL, I hit the ground running and begin to seek out the targets before they find me.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Welcome to the world of XBL. My first time on H2 was very similar to yours. Everything seemed so much more fun with all those random people playing and talking to others from across the world. Once you start playing every day or every other day things will slow down you'll be just as good as the regulars who play constantly.