Friday, November 18, 2005

Victoria's Secret is now out...

Sex sells and its in your face at the Malls these days. I've noticed lately in my walks around various malls, that the what once appeared more on the inside of Victoria's Secret stores is now on the front lines and in your face for window displays these days.

It use to be, as I walked around the mall and I came to a certain window display of ladies lingerie, I knew that I was standing in front of Frederick's of Hollywood and a store that was more out there so to speak. No secret about it and the window display would catch your eye.

Now I've been trying to remember what Victoria's Secret had in the windows and I would have to say it was toned down a lot more. Now don't get me wrong and I'm not saying that the current display offends me or that I don't like what I see in the windows. What ever the goal of their marketing is, I have to think its getting the attention of people walking by these days and working.

In most cases a Fredericks store front is a lot smaller and you see only a small selection of sexy lingerie. With the current Victoria Secret stores being larger and bigger window space areas for their displays. The new sexy lingerie displays look like something out of the dressing room for Cabaret and keep your attention longer.

So if in the past you had wondered what the secret was and decided to venture inside to take a look. You might just find out from a glance as you walk on by now. Then again, Victoria might have sexier secrets inside, if that is at all possible.

It's Back On TV...
What: 10th annual Victoria Secret's show
When: Dec. 6
Where: CBS

No comments: