Saturday, November 19, 2005

Shopz n the Hood

Growing up I remember when we only had two malls to shop at in Arlington and that was the Forum 303 Mall and Six Flags Mall. Times change and we've had the Parks at Arlington Mall for quite sometime now and its not surprising that the Forum went downhill and I guess now the same would be said for Six Flags mall.

I really had no idea how Six Flags mall had changed and it was such a long time since I visited the mall. The other day my wife wanted to check out a Baby store at Six Flags Mall and I said sure. The Baby store has access from the outside of what use to be JC Penney anchor store and I have to say its a really nice Baby store.

So I said after looking around, lets go and look at what the rest of the mall has to offer now. We passed on through the internal doors and noticed that they've cut up the old store and have an Antique store and some other outlet store taking up some of the old space. The second floor is some college and closed at the time we are at the mall.

We keep going and should have turned back. The first place I see is the old Suncoast store I worked at and it just goes downhill from there. The Structure store (Express For Men) is now called Stretz or something like that and a little further down is a music store called Eargasmic Soundz or something to that effect. They have a lingerie store that I would not recommend to anyone, (If you think Fredericks of Hollywood is risque, you have not seen anything yet). Each step that we took, kept me thinking, your ok and can turn around and never come back to this place again. The Dillards store is now the outlet store and use to be the outlet store from Forum 300 mall.

If I ever make it back to Six Flags Mall, it will only be to visit the baby store or antique shop and I don't plan of passing what use to be the old JC Penney store. I know most of the traffic has moved on to the Parks at Arlington and I have to think that the Parks will be solid mall for many, many years to come. Its just sad to think that the old malls have really died off and turned out like they are, nothing more than an indoor flee market.

3 Days in North Dallas at the Galleria Mall
I've just spent that last 3 days in a Flash training class in Dallas and the building is attached to the Galleria mall. Its been a long time since I've been to the Galleria and it was really nice to see again. I spent my lunch time walking around the mall an checking things out each day. Dallas has some other malls, but I would say the Galleria is the best of them all. If you've never been, its well worth the trip and you can spend all day looking around the 3 floors of shops. I hope to bring the family out and spend the day soon, they have a little kids play area and I think my daughter would have the time of her life there.

No comments: