Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Cutting the Pipe

Well it's been around 7 years at least and I've cut the broadband pipe being offered to us from the local Cable companies at last. Sorry to see it go in some ways, but I really just can't justify paying the $55.00 a month for Internet Access alone.

I don't think I'll notice to much of a difference in service or speed and my hope is to see a big savings in the amount I've been paying. I'm a big fan of satellite TV and their services and I know that some of the Cable companies are starting to even offer some more services. Even still, picking up the TV programming through the local cable, my internet would still be about $45.00 a month and that is way to high.

It's also sad to hear that in other countries, they offer broadband internet and all the TV programming for around $39.00. So tonight I called in and said stop the services, your charging way to much and all they could say was, "We're sorry to hear that..." and will have you disconnected shortly and stop the billing.

Funny thing is DSL always wanted me to switch to them and their prices always appeared higher, but they seem to have figured out away to drop their prices and in turn gained my business for now. I don't think I'll give up my Dish and I don't see going back to Broadband Cable as long as they keep charging the prices they do.

No matter what, I'll never go back to Dial-Up... Never!!!

No comments: