Tuesday, October 09, 2007

NaNo Oh No!

It's almost that time, time for me to start the great novel. My first novel, the one that will sell half a million copies and become the next Harry Potter and lead me down the path way of fame and fortune.

OK, not even close to half a million copies, not the next Harry Potter and no where near a path to fame and fortune. But it will be an adventure of sorts and a challenge to say the least.

From November 1st thorough the 30th, I'll slave away and let all of my creative thoughts take shape and build a world in the form of a Novel. The goal by the end of the month, to complete the 50,000 words required to win. What do you win, absolutely nothing... just the satisfaction of reaching the goal.

It's an exercise in meeting a deadline and trying to be creative and just write your heart out. It is no where near quality, but all about quantity. It's a rough draft at best and nothing more that that. In fact its not even really meant for someones eyes to read in this stage.

To learn more, visit the NaNoWriMo web site, but they have had their share of trouble so far. I just hope they'll figure it all out before the start. I can really use the support of all the other NaNoer's out there and don't want to deal with a slow sluggish web site. Here's hoping they'll get things fixed soon and wish me luck on my latest journey, heading down the path of a Novel Writer.

No comments: