Sunday, June 10, 2007

Top 5 Must Buy titles

With the original Xbox system, Microsoft originally planned on gamers purchasing at least 4 to 5 game titles. So the real money is not in the selling of the systems as much as the selling of the additional services and the games created for them. So for every game sold, a small amount of the sale goes to Microsoft and with the additional services from on-line gaming in Xbox Live and the Marketplace, Microsoft has a very successful business model in place.

With all of that being said and the steps I'm about to take towards getting into the console market. I've come up with a list of my Top 5, Must By titles for the Xbox 360. These are not necesarily the Top 5 games of all times on my list, but they are the Top 5 that I want to buy for sure. My main reasons for selecting the Xbox 360 is for the games offered and all of the online abilites that are in place. So here we go!

#5 GRAW 2 - Another Ubisoft title and once again the game play is incredible and this was the second Xbox 360 game I actually had a chance to play at a friends house. The Co-Op features and team based play is a key selling feature in my book and the game looks incredibly realistic.

#4 Assassins Creed - I saw some video footage of this upcoming title from Ubisoft and I'm impressed with all the features and storyline. The AI interactions are incredible and with the option to more or less do as you wish in taking out your target, plus it adds a change of pace from all the run and gun shooters out on the market. I also like the looks of Tenchu Z and will keep my eye on that title too.

#3 MotoGP 07 - I'm a huge motorcycle fan, I love to ride and I couldn't see letting a game like this sit on the shelf. The first time I held an Xbox Controller was at Best Buy and MotoGP 06 was loaded. I was hooked an sold for sure on both game and system. I'll download the demo or rent MotoGP 06, but holding out on the release of 2007.

#2 Viva Pinata - I really want to play games with my daughters and I'm hoping to find more kid friendly games or at least converted Xbox original games for them to play. Viva Pinata is a clear favorite to get them started and they already love the Cartoon show. I'm sure I'll find some XBL Arcade games for them down the road and I could even see them dancing to some DDR.

#1 Halo 3 - The Halo title was the one title I thought would be cool to play, but at the launch and with a small number of games. I just didn't see the big picture, I had no clue they had Xbox Live in the works and I was a solid PC gamer. Since then, I've been playing catch up on a borrowed Xbox and playing Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2. From what I've seen an heard about Halo 3, this is a clear winner for any Halo fan, old or new.

These are the games that I'll be looking at purchasing fairly soon. I'll be starting out with Shadowrun and Forza 2 Motorsport, both are titles that were given to me as gifts and would have made my Top 5 to purchase, but I lucked out in that area and that means I'll have easily 7 games in my collection, a huge step from someone who last played an Nintendo NES and only bought 1 or 2 games for that system.

No comments: