Saturday, June 02, 2007

And now for something completely different

The line was often spoken by John Cleese and used in just about every show of Monty Python's Flying Circus and will serve as my inspiration for the next month.

I'm stepping into some new shoes so to speak and trying something, well... completely different for a change. I've been thinking lately about writing more and trying to do something along the lines of writing a book or movies. Funny how reality FOX's show the Lot is now out too, I had this in mind before seeing that show.

June 1-30 is Script Frenzy month, a contest of sorts for writers & aspiring writers to challenge themselves in writing a full length script in only 30 days. Huh? That's right, I'll be stretching the boundaries of imagination and creating characters, scenes, hopefully a plot, writing dialog, and trying to move a story along a path and towards a goal of 20,000 words. Nobody will judge it really and only a word count will verify that I hit my mark.

It's more of an exercise in the whole process and at the same time I'm learning a lot more about something I truly enjoy, that being movies. So after 30 days I should have a very rough draft of a story and it's more about quantity and reaching the goal than quality. Sure I could write the same line over and over, but that wouldn't really do me much good.

Well if you made it this far and your seeing that I wrote something that doesn't involve what you've been reading in the past. Don't Panic... a line from a favorite author of mine. I still have a passion for the other, I just wanted to share something completely different for a change.

No comments: