Friday, February 23, 2007

Back in Black?

'Cause I'm back! Yes, I'm back!
Well, I'm back! Yes, I'm back!
Well, I'm baaack, baaack...
Well, I'm back in black,
Yes, I'm back in black!"


As it appears to be the next move from Microsoft and the Xbox 360. Yes its not official and it's still just a rumor, but it's getting harder and harder to....

'Stop (Stop) spreading those rumors around...'

I'm not about to just go into song after song here, but in my quest for all things Xbox 360 and what will be coming around soon. Sources claim that a new Xbox all in black is being to show up as a SKU and the details claim it to have HDMI and a very nice size 120 Gig HD. One can only expect this will also have the ultra quiet Benq DVD player and I'm crossing my fingers, the cooler 65 nm processor and the end of the 3 red rings of death.

To help with adding fuel to the fire here, a black HD DVD player was spotted doing the rounds, apparently sent to all the developers that produced the hardware, as a way of saying thank you. The original source was from a blog on the MSDN pages and was latter removed, but not before the photo was snatched. After all, if your going to buy the 360 in Black, your going to want your accessories to match now, Right?

The price tag is slightly higher than what I was planning to spend, but I also find it hard to spend at the current price, knowing something better is Knocking at the door... No I said I wouldn't do another song here.

It's also rumored that the core system could be at the end of the road here and that the current models could see a price drop and become the lower priced core. The new all in Black model could be sold as an Entertainment package to fit in with the future launch of Microsoft's IPTV and allow people to take advantage of the extra HD space to store Movies & TV shows. If the rumors are true, we could see something happen as early as May 1st. I just have to hold off till then and at least hope that something comes up by the Fall release of Halo 3.

No comments: