Friday, March 02, 2007

I wanna Rock! Rock!

If you know the words to Twisted Sisters, I wanna Rock!, then it could help explain one of the latest crazes to hit the video game world. Guitar Hero & Guitar Hero 2, from RedOctane software, places you at center stage and Rocking out to some of your favorite rock songs.
My buddy told me this game was awesome and to hear him talk along with my co-workers, and even hearing the interviews from RedOctane staff, about the upcoming Xbox 360 version, I was still skeptical about the whole thing. So my friend kept telling me I just had to see it to really grasp how much fun it can be.
Last night I took center stage and had my first lesson and I was about to throw the guitar mentally across the room. The notes came flying down the screen and I barely made it out of the tutorial and into the first set of songs. I butchered my first couple tries at Shout at the Devil and barely recovered. I used to listen to this stuff and I could hold my own with the air guitar, so what was my problem here? Could it have been a little stage fright? Why did I have a death hold on the simple Green, Yellow, and Red frets?
Perhaps this is something that all Rock Stars go through, the nervousness I suppose. I wasn't about to become a No-hit Blunder. I wanna Rock! Time to reload the song and rock my way to the next song. I found if I relaxed a bit and just listened to the song, it would help out a lot, in most cases. I did alright and he was correct, this was a lot of fun.
The Xbox 360 will release RedOctane's version of Guitar Hero 2 around April and with the exclusive Gibson Explorer guitar. All of the standard songs from Guitar Hero 2 will be available on the Xbox 360 with an additional 10 bonus tracks exclusive to the 360 only.

Xbox 360 exclusive tracks
01 "Possum Kingdom" - Toadies
02 "Salvation" - Rancid
03 "Life Wasted" - Pearl Jam
04 "Billion Dollar Babies" - Alice Cooper
05 "Hush" - Deep Purple
06 "Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo" - Rick Derringer
07 "Dead!" - My Chemical Romance
08 "The Trooper" - Iron Maiden
09 "Drink Up" - Ounce of Self
10 "Kicked to the Curb" - Noble Rot

Lots of extras should also be available for download from Xbox Live and help provide hours upon hours of rocking entertainment.

No comments: