Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Xbox 360 is born

Microsoft released the Xbox 360 in November 2005 and something began to stir inside me. The white console from Microsoft looked like a slim line PC and was a straight game console. Not only did I start to take a little more notice in some of the new games, I began to hear about the online gaming abilities. It appeared that the Xbox and gaming from Microsoft was hear to stay.
I still had other interests and gaming was more of a casual thing to me. On the same note, I didn't know anyone that had one and I still wanted to spend my time with the family and just didn't see getting one. This would appear to be a wise move on my part as a year passed for this console; a lot can happen in a year.
A co-worker decided to pick up an Xbox 360 and was ready to say goodbye to the Play Stations and Sony for good. I had tried to get him into PC games and he tried to get me into the Play Station. With the delays on the Play Station 3, he finally made the switch and began singing the praises of Microsoft and the Xbox 360. The work place was infected at this point and would begin to spred like crazy
I began to research the Xbox 360 around the end of 2006 and I started to learn all I could about them. Another co-worker picked up one and then another and at this point I was sold myself from what I began to learn. It was shortly around the end of the year that I heard about some upgrades that might becoming down the pipe from Microsoft. I also tried a demo of MotoGP 06 at Best Buy and it was not a question of if I would make a switch from the PC, as much as a question of when I would purchase the Xbox 360.

No comments: