Tuesday, October 25, 2005

No more Splog...

Alright, I think I have the right term here and I'm sorry if it take an extra step on your part, but it never fails that someone or should I say some program likes to posts a comment to my posts and it has nothing to do with the article/rant of mine. What I'm talking about is Splogs and they show up in someone's comments. Pretty much it starts out as a post about how wonderful your site is and you might like to visit my site on Nuclear Basket Weaving techniques.

The fix seems to be turning on Word Verification before posting and makes you type about a 5 character, random generated, character string before posting. This is to stop the computer and I guess the end user that might be doing this from hand (I'm thinking its a PC program myself). So for the few of you that might visit and those that have dropped in by chance, I'm glad you stop by and love the comments. I'm sorry you have to take the extra step now, but it seems to be the trend with lots of sites and services these days.

Happy Blogging and Bye, Bye Splogers...

No comments: