Saturday, February 23, 2008

First look at a working title

Well I actually went back to the last day of November 2007 and cracked open my novel. The novel that I wrote for the 2007 NaNoWriMo contest. My first time at writing something so large and creative. Actually earlier in 2007 I wrote a movie script at a total of 20,000 words, but the Novel was my primary objective for the year and reaching the 50,000 words goal.

So I began to read my story, the one I kicked around in my head and finally let out on paper, well the screen at least. I have to say I'm pleased for the most part, its not a best seller, but I'm actually liking my idea and looking forward to editing and rewrites over the next few months.

Actually I get started in about a week and get to review my first draft and make any and all changes. My end result is to polish it up more over this year and would like to actually have it printed. A very limited run of say, one copy at least.

So wish me luck and where is that red pen now. Oh my... my, inner editor, I can't remember if I even let it back out from last year. I hope its not mad at me... I'd like some help with next months NaNoEdMo.

No comments: