Saturday, April 21, 2007

And the Winner Is?

eBay User randlecurtis is now the proud owner of the first Xbox 360 Elite that has gone up for auction. Somehow retailers let slip the Elite unit and a lucky person snagged it up and posted it on eBay for sale. Eight days before the regular release date of the Elite and we now have the first owner with a winning bid of $5100.

At that price you really have a very Elite 360 in your hands. I'm amazed the price went as high as it did. I mean I know these are cool and should be the best 360's to date. Sure you might have a hard time finding them at first, but come this fall and if the 65nm processor makes its way to these, you could not only see lots of these, but perhaps even a price drop.

It just shows that some people have way more money than they know what to do with and clearly want to be one of the first to own something. I on the other hand don't fit in that world, at least at this stage of my life. I'll wait till I have the money and get one when its not as crowded.

No comments: