Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Too many toys and where to begin

You know your in trouble when the toys on your list all come in around the $100 to $500 dollar price range. It's not so bad when you have only a single item in this price range. But when these start to add up and become two and three items at the same cost, it becomes harder to decide which to pick first in the list of big boy toys.

If I place them in order by Needs I would have the following items... Ok, do I really need any of them to begin with. This will be a hard argument to prove that I really need a new Cell phone, a new Computer, and an Xbox 360 game system with Moto GP 06. Wanting the items is easy to prove or I wouldn't even talk about them to begin with. So the need these is not the best route to take here.

The Treo 700 series cell phone is a really nice Phone/PDA combo and my current phone has seen its better days and served its purpose to a degree. But as I've said earlier, need is not an option. I've stopped dragging the Palm PDA around in hopes that this would cause me to buy a PDA style phone sooner. It's not really working, since I haven't made the $200 to $300 leap for a new phone.

I use to build my own computers from scratch. I'd select all the parts and spend the time hooking it all up and installing all the software. With the sudden drop in prices, its crazy to even think about doing something like that these days. Someday I'll tell my daughter I use to build these things, until the stores started giving them away. Ok, still around $400, its almost a giveaway in my mind.

Xbox 360, is a want for sure. I could make a lame attempt at stating, its relaxing to sit and play a game ever so often and the girls will love it at some point, sure it will take longer for the infant to even master holding a control, but the eldest is getting close to the age to play some of the family style games. Oh no, I will not play any of those shooter style games in front of them, I promise.

Lucky or unlucky for me, I just don't have enough to act on any of these toys at this time. The real hard part is when I get close, making a decision on one over the others.

No comments: