Friday, January 05, 2007

Good things come to those that wait

Codename Zephyr is what its called so far and it appears to be closer to fact than fiction. What is expected to come out sometime this year from Microsoft is none other than the Xbox 360 v2. A system that is expected to make use of the new and much cooler 65nm processor, an HDMI port for full 1080p game enjoyment, a new "HANA" scaler, and a larger 120GD drive for more storage space.

See I'm in a research phase at this point and if you've read my earlier stories you would know that I have some expensive WANTS, not NEEDS. The Xbox fever that I have captured from co-workers is more and likely the cause of this. I think exposure is a better word for it and I really became fully infected at a local Best Buy. Something about the Moto GP 06 game called to me and at the moment I held a control in my hand for the first time, I was doomed. Well I welcomed capturing the fever just the same.

Engadget released the first bit of news, along with X-Scene reports, telling me its really good to wait at this time and not buy. Not only did I have concerns about over heating from extended game play; a co-worker had to send his 360 in for repair service. I still wanted to learn more about the unit and what all was possible from the system and games. I had a few questions about which package to purchase and did I really need to get a Hard drive with the system to begin playing games.

Research has told me that not only does it sound like a number of the games have been created with the aspect of No hard drive being available and that games should perform just as well. I also found out about the new units might be coming down the road soon. Which is great news for those of us waiting to buy or just not able to really buy at this time.

Now I have a lot more to look into and who knows perhaps more expensive toys could come from it, like a really nice HD TV for example. Hopefully more information will come soon and in the meantime I plan to keep my eyes and ears open as I form a plan to save money towards my new WANTS. If I could some how just find a way to justify them as a NEED... not a chance.

No comments: