Sunday, February 26, 2006

In closing...

I found myself watching more this year than I have in the past winter Olympics. My favorite events had to be the Snowboarding events this year, with Snowboard Cross taking the over all top position. Congrats to Seth Westcott for bringing home the Gold in that event to the USA.

I kept an eye on most of the events and found myself watching just about every night. I would turn shows off or mute the TV when news would come up telling what had happened. I did follow the over all medal counts, but had no clue as to who or what event. So off an on I would see the USA bounce from the 5th overall spot to 3rd and then the past few days into 2nd and hold on through the end of the games.

I was happy with Germany taking the top spot for overall medals, being half German, its cool to see them do well. I tend to do that in a number of areas, I like them doing well in World Cup Soccer and I always pull for the US teams. I was even happy when the recent Pope took office to find out he was from Germany.

The US did a great job in a number of events and I can only imagine how things will be in 4 years at the 2010 Winter games. I even liked most of the Ice Skating events this year. I would have liked to see more Curling and will have to watch for that in 4 years too. Seeing Apollo take gold made a perfect ending to the games for me last night and hope to see him come back for the next games.

No comments: