Tuesday, October 02, 2012

The Walking Dead from page to screen

I started a little early this year with my Halloween entertainment options; knowing full well that AMC The Walking Dead would soon be returning and that hopefully season 2 would soon show up on Netflix too.

My first introduction to the whole series was with season 1 on AMC and I soon learned that it all had started out as a comic book. I figured I'd give the comics a read while I waited on season 2, and picked up a copy of the Compendium One from my local library and I was hooked from the start.

Now I've read way ahead of the current show in many aspects and at the same time I've found that the show and comics are on very different paths all together. I can only think that writers for the show have decided to change up a few things and introduce some newer characters for TV show.

Some characters didn't make the cut in the comics and some have lasted longer in the show. The comics are very adult in nature and full of pages that have tons of shock value. Some of the stuff I've read, I don't even know how AMC will even pull it off on the screen. Then again they might not even bring some things from the comic to the screen.

I'm glad that I've read the comics and have become a huge fan of the work. I also like the show and it makes me wonder what they have in store for future episodes and which path these characters will take in the end.

My next couple posts I'll go into more detail on the comics and then later a review of the show. I'll more and likely have a few spoilers, in case you haven't seen the show or read the comic books.

No comments: