Sunday, March 15, 2009

From Russia With Love... Baby!

From Russia With Love brings us another film with Sean Connery as James Bond and co-stars Daniela Bianchi (Tatiana) in the role of Bond Girl #2. Well they don't call her that and she plays the spy hired to lure Bond in to Spectres trap.

The thing I noticed off the bat was how much it looks like the movie Austin Powers took from this movie. I kept wondering if Mike Myers would walk out on the set and say, "are you Randy Baby?"

One thing for sure is they didn't forget that Bond likes the ladies. The film had a couple rather dark scenes and other than the silly Assassins Training camp part, I enjoyed most of this movie.

The next movie on my list will be the third film in the series and for Sean Connery with Goldfinger. I have a feeling I'm going to find more similarities here with Austin Powers Goldmember.

No comments: