Sunday, October 26, 2008

Publishing my first Novel

In about six months I'll have my first Novel published. No I haven't been signed by anyone to have it marketed and published on a large scale.

Last year I wrote my first Novel as an exercise to see if I could come up with something and actually like doing this. It was a fun to create a world and story filled with characters. It was also nice to reach my goal in the end and more or less win NaNoWriMo 2007.

The only things you have to do in order to win is start on November 1st and finish by the end of the month. Oh and make sure you wrote 50,000 words too. Its not quality as much as quantity and its on the honor system. So if you want your story to say the same word over an over you can, but its not going to be as satisfying in the end.

What does all this have to do with getting published though, well it was announced that the winners of NaNoWriMo 2007 would have a free proof copy published by Createspace, a partner of Amazon.Com. So after I finish my 2008 NaNoWriMo, I'll move into some rewrites and polish up last years in order to send it off for a very limited printing of 1 copy for now at least.

No comments: