Saturday, August 16, 2008

U-verse installed today at last


Well we have the new service finally and for the most part its pretty cool. The Internet speed is not to bad and we went with the low end for now. As near as I can tell its working like it should and I didn't seem to have any issues with the Xbox 360 on Xbox Live.

Different for sure is the menu options and choices, will take a little bit of time to get use to all the new options and where things are located. I have to say it seems a high dose of Adult programming is available with the new service and in the area of VOD for sure.

Speaking of Video On Demand, its cool to see all the options and even the free stuff. I always like to get some free stuff when I can. One area is Network TV and so far it looks like CBS was the only option, to bad I'm not a CSI fan, looks like the past 10 or so episodes are available to watch. I did watch an episode of Big Brother 10, not a high quality HD picture, but cool for a stream that just started and never buffered really at all.

Audio is going to be the bad boy in this mess it seems. For what ever reason, it seems a small issue with signal unlock for 5.1 occurs from time to time. I searched around the fourms and this seems to be an on going issue. The only work around seems to be a pause an start of the show from time to time perhaps. I plan to test this more and see what I can get from Customer Service as well.

Other than the audio, its seems to be a pretty cool service so far and I'll know more as I learn all the ins and outs.

No comments: